Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Cheap S***

I have been redoing/DIY-ing/painting stuff like crazy! I have been living with my parents the past couple months since I graduated from undergrad, but I FINALLY move into a new apartment in a week for grad school. Cons of living with my parents: Living with my parents. Pros: Power tool usage! Also acceptable places to spray paint. Unfortunately, people frown upon spray painting inside your apartment rental. I have no idea why.

I know these projects are not really THAT exciting because they are simplistic and easy to do. Each project only took me an afternoon. But the results were so fantastic, I figured I'd post them for the record. I will do it in three posts because living with my parents also means slow internet and upload speeds. Blech.

The most boring project first. I bought this wire rack at Goodwill 2 years ago for 5 dollars. I've been using it, but I figured it needed a new look. I rinsed it with water, sanded it, rinsed it again, and then used black spray paint. I didn't used primer or any sort of sealant.

Before


After


It took 10 stinking minutes for these two pictures to upload. I feel like it's 2007 and I'm using myspace. (Note: I never had a myspace, and this is probably why.) Til tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment